Anxiety, Stress & Coping.
A lot of people have various anxiety symptoms and other stress related problems.
Anxiety & Stress are major contributors to ill health, with anxiety showing in a number of different ways and having many causes.
Anxiety and the underlying stress it causes becomes un-managable when it comes to someone feeling that their personal life, or situation, is out of their control.
Counselling / Talking Therapy or Hypnotherapy are the perfect ways to resolve and overcome any form of anxiety. It is essential to deal with the cause of the anxiety itself, before it leads on to any further stress related problems.
Anxiety encompasses a whole range of symptoms and the list below can all be considered indirect symptoms of anxiety.
- Feeling restless.
- Feeling irritated.
- Nail biting.
- Hair pulling, eyelash and eyebrow plucking.
- IBS and other digestive problems
- Panic attacks.
- Sleep disorders.
- Weight problems.
- Food addiction.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and ME.
- Skin disorders, such as psoriasis or cold sores – can be stress related.
- Migraines and Headaches.
- Chest pains/palpitations.
- Hot flush/suddenly feeling unwell.
- Lack of libido
- Erectile disfunction
Scientific research shows that negative emotions, caused by long term anxiety & stress, lower immunity and cause metabolic changes, which have a negative effect on our nervous system and body as a whole.
- The sympathetic nervous system – situated in the right hemisphere of the brain, is where negative thoughts and emotions occur.
- The parasympathetic nervous system – situated in the left hemisphere of the brain, is where positive thoughts occur.
Therefore any long term anxiety or stressor may cause disruption to the sympathetic nervous system.
Therapy works by bringing the parasympathetic nervous system into play, aiding in the relaxation, healing and long term wellbeing of the mind and body.
Working with the subconscious and engaging the parasympathetic nervous system during a therapy session, has the supplemental positive effect of cellular immunity, muscle, respiratory and cardiac relaxation and blood vessel dilation, giving you the mental and physical relaxation to create the positive changes you desire, restoring the energetic balance within.
An Example Of How Counselling / Talking Therapy & Hypnotherapy Can Help With Anxiety And Stress;
Exposure to certain situations can trigger an anxiety related panicky feeling, or panic attack. A panic attack resulting from anxiety, is anxiety in its most acute form. Therefore, using Counselling / Talking Therapy, Relaxation Therapy, Breathing Therapy and Hypnotherapy to get to the root cause of anxiety and its subsequent triggers, will effectively relieve the distress of repeated panic attacks and more importantly the underlying cause of the anxiety.
Other Forms Of Anxiety.
Anxiety can manifest itself in many forms.
- Obesity due to comfort eating, or anorexia, due to not eating enough.
- Self harming – which can be both visible and hidden.
- Sexual and relationship problems.
- Long-term depression.
- Anxiety and Stress related illness.
- Work related anxiety – this affects more than five million people in the UK today.
Many anxiety sufferers feel undervalued and as though they can’t cope in certain situations. These feelings may also be combined with a sense of being powerless in having an inability to change their situation for the better. Whatever the reason, they are unable to remove themselves, or ‘run away’ from the situation, they consequently find they have to endure it and the stress that results.
This in turn can lead to exaggerated symptoms such as an inability to cope, major anxiety, panic attacks, behaving and doing things out of character, or having bouts of rage and uncontrollable anger.
However, it doesn’t have to be that way!
“Let me, help you, help yourself”….