With The Help Of Therapy You Can Manage Your Pain!
How often throughout your life have you taken for granted, or not even given much thought to, feeling physically well and fit? Many years I am sure.
If you find yourself suddenly experiencing prolonged periods of pain, you are no doubt feeling frustrated and may be finding the reverberating effect having an impact on many other aspects of your life.
- Are you feeling angry and frustrated?
- Are you becoming depressed and anxious that you are living with daily pain?
- Are you beginning to feel as though nothing will help?
Fortunately for you your mind is very clever! It works on two different levels and can help with you manage your pain.
- The conscious level of our mind – is where our everyday thoughts and daily decision making comes into play.
- The subconscious level of our mind – is where we store and file away all our memories (pain and injuries) and experiences, both good and bad.
In simplistic terms, this subconscious side of our brain is like a massive “filing cabinet” or “store room” that we are able to “tap” into with the use of Personal Therapy.
Working with Counselling / Talking Therapy, Hypnotherapy and Hypno-NLP, allows us to gain access to the “filing cabinet” or “store room”, where we need to locate the “pain management file”.
Once we have located this file, or memory, we are able to use hypnotherapy and deep relaxation to “turn on” our bodies’ natural pain relief receptors on. These in turn release our bodies’ own natural opioids, getting them to work for us in helping with pain management long-term.
Personal Therapy using Hypnotherapy, is a scientifically proven beneficial and powerful therapy that is medically recognised to work with ensuring lasting and long-term alleviation of pain.
Personal Therapy using Hypnotherapy helps reduce the intensity of perceived pain messages delivered to the brain from wherever that pain is felt…
Integrated Therapy combined techniques – working with each person’s individual pain management requirements.
- Talking Therapy, Relaxation & Suggestion Therapy.
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP).
- Positive Visualisation.
- Anchoring: Giving your mind a physical anchor to work with – such as rubbing two fingers together at any time during the day, as a trigger to kick start your bodies natural ability to switch on its own pain receptors, activating the release of your bodies own natural opioids as a from of pain relief.
- Positive reframing.
- Using a personal relaxation recording of a session.
- Self-hypnosis – teaching you to practice relaxation techniques so that once your sessions have come to an end you will be able to continue using the skills your have learnt on a daily basis.
I have had great success at my clinic in West Sussex using these combined techniques as pain management tools.
That said if you are suffering from any form of pain, it’s advisable to first visit your GP, before undertaking any therapy sessions, because pain can also be a warning signal of a more serious underlying medical condition, which needs to be ruled out.